1) What have you enjoyed about your time at Hamlin?
I have enjoyed the conversations I have had with the teachers and learners at Hamlin. Through them I have learned a great deal about the school and their involvement in their communities.
2) What have you enjoyed about your time in California?
My host family car ride chats, the food and the beautiful landscapes, the friendly people who are always eager to help and share a story whether at the grocery store or bus stop.
3) What is one thing that surprised you about your experience?
How technologically advanced the people in the city are, young and mature, they are in touch and clued up about the available technology of today.
4) Based on your observations, how would you describe a Hamlin girl?
Confident and a mindful global citizen, they are not only aware of themselves but they deeply care about the world and people at large.
5) What knowledge/wisdom/realization from your visit do you hope to continue to explore back in South Africa?
Learning is like building blocks and there should be a purpose for the concepts taught to learners. We should know why we teach the content we teach before the how. Hamlin has an extraordinary way of capturing this concept of education as a set of building blocks.
Learn more about Ms. Nanti’s visit in this video: