Grade 5 art students created unique self-portraits with colorful hair comprised of descriptive words. The language of the hair served to showcase the personalities of each girl.
The project had 5 key steps:
1) Take a photograph of yourself.
2) Trace the photograph in Keynote. Delete the photograph and leave the tracing. Print out the traced image.
3) Use the technique of scale and proportion to create a grid on both the traced image and on the paper.
4) Create a contour line drawing using correct face proportions.
5) Add descriptive words about yourself to the hair.