For the 5th year running, The Hamlin School celebrated STEMming the Gender Gap Day on Friday, December 6. The day was an opportunity to promote science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education/careers for our students, while connecting with female tech leaders in the Bay Area. Hamlin girls were able to observe, interact, and learn, as they prepare to be tomorrow’s tech innovators and help #StemGenderGap!
This year Hamlin visited a variety of fantastic Bay Area organizations; we are incredibly thankful for these partnerships.
Students in grades K-7 had wonderful learning experiences at:
The Hiller Aviation Museum, The Bay Area Discovery Museum, Mission Science, The Apple Store, Butterfly Joint, Salesforce, UCSF, USS Hornet, Tesla, Sentry, and JU.ST
Students in Grade 8 had the opportunity to learn from the following speakers on campus:
- Eurie Kim, Forerunner Ventures investors in hot direct to consumer companies such as: Birdies, Warby Parker, Jet, Dollar Shave Club, Outdoor Voices (among others)
- Nicole Johnson, Forerunner Ventures
- Heidi Zak, Founder Thirdlove
- Robyn Sue Fisher, Founder Smitten Ice Cream
- Casey Georgeson, Founder Saint Jane Beauty
- Bianca Gates, Founder Birdies
- Alison Haljun, Co-Founder of Kinship.
- Rachel Miller, Co-founder & CEO at Closegap