You’ve been asked to create a 1.5 hour ed tech training for teachers.
That training will take place on a Friday afternoon, the first week back from winter break.
Wait. Why so confident? What can you possibly do to keep teachers engaged and excited to learn about educational technology on the Friday afternoon after break?
– MaKey MaKey, of course!
- Introduce staff to the new making resources in the library
- Have fun!
- Encourage teachers to try something new and get out of their comfort zone.
- Spark excitement, enthusiasm and creativity
Training Roll Out
- Mark Picketts, our Director of Technology and Innovation, gave an introduction to MaKey MaKey, including a short video of various MaKey Makey projects:
- We asked teachers to self select into small groups, and sit together at a table that included:
- A laptop
- A MaKey MaKey
- Various materials, such as play dough, bananas, tin foil, cardboard, markers, etc…
- Each group was asked to read through the quick start guide, and demo the bongos or piano software (found in the Try Out of Software section of the page.)
- Once this was achieved, users selected one of three challenges to work on: